This is a fun alternative to making chocolate chip cookies because you spread it all in one pan and don't have to worry about checking on cookies every few minutes. I got this recipe years ago from the back of a box of Blue Bonnet Margarine and my husband (then boyfriend) loved it. I haven't made it in ages so I thought I would pull it out and try it again so that I could share it with you.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
1 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c margarine
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 c semi sweet chips (can also add peanuts or other nuts to taste)
1. Blend margarine and brown sugar in a large bowl.
2. Add egg and vanilla, blending until smooth.
3. Add flour and baking soda.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Spread mixture into lightly greased 6x6 pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
I cut this size pan into 8 servings so just know that it isn't a great big dessert but it is a super yummy one. It would be great topped with ice cream or hot fudge sauce too but perfect served by itself. I hope that you try this recipe for yourself soon!!