Break for a great mom story- A neighbor had dinner at my parents house and said she really loved it and would love to get the recipe. My mom took out a index card and proceeded to write the recipe for the neighbor while she was talking to my dad (any of you who have been stuck with that know that he . She filled an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper front and back with the recipe. The neighbor asked if my mom wrote other recipes or what the difference was. My mom showed her the card and it only had a list of ingredients with no directions. These the type of recipes that I got when I moved out on my own. I frequently had to look in cookbooks or call home for clarification.
1. Mix the sugar and oil together
3. Mash the ripe bananas in the same measuring cup and pour in the bowl and mix. I put a picture of the "ripe" bananas because that seems to be the most frequent question on a banana bread recipe. The browner the banana, the tastier the bread. If you do get brown bananas on a Wednesday with no time to cook, you can mash them up and throw them in the freezer for when you are ready (or if you only have one banana at a time) But make sure that you write on the bag or you may never take it out again because it looks like mush :)
4. Add in sifted ingredients and mix.
5. Add in vanilla and milk and mix.
6. Pour in greased bread pans and put in the oven for 1 hour.
This makes one really nice sized loaf or a little extra in the cheater loaf so that I can eat it hot out of the oven but still look like I made it for my husband without eating any... what willpower. Okay, he knows about the cheater loaf because he is frequently eating it with me when we make a loaf for someone else :) I hope that you find some clearance bananas or ones that sat on the counter too long and you make a loaf too. It is super yummy so I hope that you like the recipe as much as my family does.
1/2 c oil
1 c sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 c flour
3 tbsp milk
3 ripe bananas
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
Beat oil and sugar together. Add eggs and banana pulp. Beat well. Add sifted ingredients Add milk and vanilla. Mix well and por into greased and floured loaf pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 1 hour.